Prostate cancer is the sixth leading cause of cancer deaths
among males. Prostate is a gland in the male reproductive system located just below the bladder. It produces the fluid that makes up part of the semen. As men get older their prostate gland may get bigger and block the urethra or bladder. Hence prostate cancer is found mainly in older men. Researchers found that even men who suffer from the cancer can reduce the risk of it by changing their lifestyle.
- Overweight patients have to reduce their weight to look as slim as possible.
- Eat more green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish and cereals.
- Exercise regularly for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Avoid sugary drinks, sweets and deep fried foods.
- Limit consumption of alcohol as much as possible.
- Limit consumption of food processed with salt.
- Avoid taking supplements for protection against cancer.
- Avoid processed meat ( ‘processed’ essentially means any meat that has had something done to it to keep it edible for longer) and limit consumption red meat like beef, pork and lamb.