Dr. Kannane Tirou
, MRCP(UK),MRCP(UK) GASTROENTEROLOGY,CCT(UK) Gastroenterology&General Medicine, Fellowship in Transplant Hepatology/Liver Transplantation in Leeds
Have 14 years experience in UK. Experienced Gastroenterologist with sub-specialist interest in Hepatology. Have professional experience working with premier research institutions and multi specialty hospitals.
Trained in UK in the All Wales Specialist Registrar Training programme and obtained CCT UK (Certificate of Completion of Training) in Gastroenterology and General Medicine in February 2012. Able to independently perform diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy/colonoscopy including polypectomy. Had undertaken further training in a major liver transplant unit with experience in endotherapy of variceal and non-variceal GI bleed.
• Management of chronic liver diseases, including pre-transplant and post-transplant care, Hepatitis B and C therapy, treatment of Auto-immune Hepatitis, Fatty Liver.
• Digestive endoscopy, including upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and colonoscopy. I have performed in excess of 1000 colonoscopies. Trained in the role of dye spray; polypectomy; endoscopic mucosal resection, argon plasma coagulation; the use of endo-loops. Experienced upper GI endoscopist having performed more than 2000 procedures, competent in therapeutic upper GI endoscopy including percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placement, oesophageal dilatation, variceal banding and injection, ulcer endotherapy.
• Symptom management, treatment and surveillance of the inflammatory bowel diseases including ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease and microscopic colitis. I have experience of multimodality treatment, including the use of biologics, for the management of complex fistulating perianal Crohn’s disease.
• Symptom management and treatment of gastrointestinal infections, for instance clostridium difficile infections.
• The investigation and management of refractory diarrhoea, for example due to refractory coeliac disease, radiation bowel damage or bacterial overgrowth.
• Dyspepsia and gastro-oesophageal reflux.
• Irritable bowel syndrome and the effect of diet on digestive symptoms.
• Investigation of iron deficiency anaemia and frank or occult gastrointestinal bleeding.
European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL)
International Association of Study of Liver (IASL)
British Association of Study of Liver (BASL)
Welsh Association of Gastroenterology & Endoscopy (WAGE)
European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism (ESPEN)
Indian Society Of Gastroenterology (ISG)
Indian Association of Study of Liver (INASL)
Anglo French Medical Society (AFMS)