Pregnancy and Dental Checkup:
- Pregnant women and women planning to become pregnant should have a dental check-up. This should include an evaluation of the gums.
- Patients should receive education on how to keep their mouths healthy. They should learn about how gum infection can affect their pregnancy.
- Dentists and physicians should coordinate care especially when gum disease is diagnosed.
- Physicians should make referrals for dental care during pregnancy.
- Treatment of gum disease, which includes a thorough teeth cleaning, may be most effective between 22 to 26 weeks of pregnancy.
Doctor Dr. Senthilnathan Periasamy , 2013021519:54:48